11.17.2007

Turkey Trot



Today my husband ran in the Annual Turkey Trot that Herrin has every year. They have a 15k run, 5k run, and a 5k walk. He has been running most nights preparing for today and the future mini tri-athalon that he and 3 other guys are going to do in August. He did the 5k run and I did the walk. He finished in 32 mins. I finished in 42 mins. I cheated and jogged. The women in the "walk" catagory were NOT walking. Those women were speed walking demons. I had to jogg to keep up! I just have to say how PROUD I am of my husband. He did an amazing job today. I wish I could have seen him crossing the finish line. Thanks to Ryan's mom, grandma Phyllis, grandpa Al & grandma Mary for taking the pictures and cheering us on. The route took us into my parents neighborhood and my mom even ran out to take some pictures. I know that the other people in the race thought we were hilarious with our entarage with us. The 15k runners were amazing. I can't imagine having that much stamina to finish. They were great to watch. It was a great morning.


Before the Race

Taking off!


Ryan during the run

Ryan Finishing!!!!

Taking a Breather after the race


Me finishing




2 comments:

The Dunnings said...

Congrats you little athletic couple. You guys did awesome and I'm so proud of both of you. Great job!!!

Jane said...

I'm so proud of my 2 kids!! You both are awesome! I especially like Ryans little running attire. You both make my heart smile.