10.30.2011

Burlap and Kale (Hmmm....they probably taste about the same.)

 Whew...what a jam packed weekend we had! It was a wonderful weekend full of Trick or Treating, spending time with friends and family, crafting and cooking!  Real quick I wanted to share the last two with you guys. Have you ever made Kale chips? I had heard of them but never had the chance to try them.  I had a beautiful bunch of Kale from the farmer's market and decided to give it a shot.  I LOVED them.

Here is the super easy recipe I followed. Kale, Kosher salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Use a Misto is you have it to spray it on the leaves I love mine!!!). Thats it! Wash and spin your Kale and separate it from the large stem, lay it on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 7 minutes. No longer than that! I tried a few variations of seasoning salt, Ranch powder, and BBQ seasoning.  Kosher was my favorite flavor.

Here they are out of the oven. They shrink considerably.  
They are so light and have a great consistency!
 Here is the burlap fall banner I made for my sun room. I love how rustic it turned out.
 I made a couple of pillows too. This one is my favorite. A fall tree
made from felt and scrap fabric from my scrap box.

0 comments: