2.17.2012

These are my confessions............

Several of my blogging girlfriends have really been open about themselves on their blogs.  They write about their marriages, motherhood, themselves, and most of all their not so great moments.  One of my girlfriends Stephanie is so eloquent at writing about her neurotic Type A self and makes it sound oh  so beautifully hilarious.  So I thought I would take a moment, since this blog has been hijacked by my daughter, to write about myself. Since tomorrow is Friday, I will uncreatively call this, Five things about me Friday.   In the words of Usher, these are my confessions.

1.  I am a major control addict.  If I don't know what time it's happening, ending, all the details in between, I am likely to bail out before I even give it a second thought. I would be the worst person to throw a surprise party for. I would probably end up locking myself in the bathroom writing out an itinerary for the rest of the evening for the host/hostess.

2.  I have ADD.  Seriously, medication prescribed, full blown losing everything, starting new tasks before finishing current ones, constantly interrupting conversations, closet is a FEMA wreck, ADD.  My house is usually picked up and neat as a whistle (whatever that means), walk into my bedroom and it looks like what I imagine a episode of Hoarders depicts.  Ask my parents, this has been a life long battle. I know as an adult, it is my job to keep my house clean enough so that the city can't condemn it but my bedroom is like my own personal rebellion space, where I can throw clothes in untidy piles and leave my bed unmade if I chose.

3. I love to sing.  Now, I didn't say I was a great singer, but I love to sing.  I make it a point to make sure that I sing to Lauren at least once a day.  Our favorite tunes are, "Rise and Shine" and "You are My Sunshine".

4.  I pray at least 20 times a day.  These aren't 10 minute fully reflective prayers but simple givings of thanks.  Last night at 3:30 in the morning Lauren would NOT go to sleep.  I sat there rocking her and I kept thanking God that I could share this quiet moment with her.  Things like these are the little prayers I send up to God all through the day and night. 

5.  I'm a tad bit emotional.  Alright, I am a full fledged nut bag, cry at everything crazy person.  But, I come by it honestly.  My mother and I cry at parades and ridiculous television shows. Here's the icing on the cake, once at Sea World, I believe I was 22, we were watching an orka and dolphin show.  I looked over at my mom, lowered my sunglasses at her and we both realized we were crying!! What about a dolphin show makes anyone cry??? NOTHING! Who knows, but if it's a tad bit amazing, you can bet I will be sobbing. I just watched on You Tube baby sloths getting baths at the zoo and I cried.  Seriously? Maybe that's why God chose me to be a social worker.  Believe me, I am empathetic, even to sloths and dolphins.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I love, love, love this post! As always, I enjoy reading about Lauren...but so glad to read about you as well! And you crack me up :) Happy Friday!!

Estephania said...

LOVE your confessions! Have a great weekend! xoxo

The Boddies said...

You cried when you met Mo Willems, too.

Mandy Rose said...

Wow...we are so alike! I absolutely loved this post! You are too funny!

The Parrish Family said...

And these are ALL the reasons I love you! :)

Beth said...

Seeing u cry during the intro of The Help while the names were still running across the screen was priceless... Just as it was seeing you cry while court & I walked down the aisle so many years ago. If there is one thing I can say about YOU, its that you have stayed true to who are even if u do hv all these crazy confessions. And that is so special in itself. Xoxo :) love u!