12.11.2009

The reason why I am M.I.A.

Here is the reason why I haven't blogged, cleaned, been eating (lost 4 lbs this week), paying attention to my wonderful husband, and staying up way to late. Alright, so I am a year late in joining this bandwagon. But when a close friend practically begged me to start reading this series I decided, "What the hell". Everyone else in the world has, I'll give it a chance.

Hello, my name is Melissa Farley and I am addicted to the Twilight series like a heroin addict is addicted to heroin. I literally can't hold a conversation with my husband or close friends without pleading with them to read it. I am on book 3 of 4. I've watched both the movies this week, which are FANTASTIC by the way, and now I have started the countdown until June 30th when the 3rd movie is released. I even bought the soundtrack and I listen to it while in the car, in the office, at home, and now with the downloaded ring tone, on my phone!! Me and my "close friend", ( I won't reveal her identity) are coming to grips that very soon we will be in mourning when we finish book 4. Has anyone been through this crazy addiction? Let me tell you, I was a HUGE skeptic. I said, "what is the freaking fuss all about with these damn books". We'll read a couple of pages and you will be HOOKED!! Please stick with me while I read book 3 and 4. After that, I will proceed in the blogging world.

I hope you all are staying warm and are finding extra warm fuzzies during this Holiday Season.

5 comments:

The Parrish Family said...

Shame on your "close friend" for subjecting you to that crap! ;)

The Boddies said...

I read all 4 books in 7 days, and then spent $50 on a team Edward shirt, and then I was worried to tell Keith about the $50 shirt! I didn't do anything but read, and yes I was so sad when they ended. But don't worry I looked on her website and found the "draft" of the 5th book and read that too. They are like a drug, seriously. I love them. P.S there was a 12 year old wearing the same shirt standing in line behind me at the theater, and no I was not ashamed :)

mgntrower said...

LOL! Been there .. done that. I too was a huge skeptic. My husband actually convinced me to watch the first movie with him. Afterwards I decided I'd read the book just to "see" ... and that was it. I was hooked. I also read all 4 in about a week and am still completely obsessed! Glad that you are enjoying them as well!

The Farleys said...

holy hell, there is a 5th book in the making???? I was thinking my life was over....now there is a glimmer of hope!

Renee said...

I haven't succumbed to the Twilight cult yet. However, I was several years late joining the Harry Potter bandwagon and read the first 5 books in 3 weeks. I can understand your predicament!