10.21.2010

Much needed thank you...............

A friend and I were talking this morning and I said, "How thankful are we for our parents?" We both agreed that without our parents, raising children would be near impossible.

This week has been the most trying as a mom. You all know that I'm a little control crazy. The past several days Lauren has decided that she does not need to take a nap during the day. A 5 week old without a nap all day long is completely exhausting, miserable, and completely insane!! Being the control freak that I am, she has ruined what I thought we had as a schedule and has thrown me into overdrive trying to "fix" this problem. Instead of sleeping I sit online, trying to figure out the answer. News flash, if there were a perfect answer to getting babies to sleep, obviously we would all know it and babies across the world would sleep peacefully all night and day......
We'll life at the Farley household has been a little stressful. There is a lot of crying going on and Lauren is doing the least of it. Here's the jist of the post, finally....
Without parents I wouldn't have been able to shower, go to the grocery store, get a moment of sanity (although it left quickly), and most importantly sleep. Without these special people in my life I would have commited myself. Sounds dramatic, but seriously I mean it. Never did I imagine how hard this would be.
So a big thank you for coming and taking her for a walk, for taking her while I go to the grocery store, for keeping her so I could sleep, for listening to me for the 100th time that day ask "what in the hell am I going to do?", for being the best parents we could ever ask for. THANK YOU!!!

1 comments:

Beth said...

I second that! The only way I know to pay my parents back is to do it for my own kids someday! It is truly a blessing to have our parents help and it doesn't go unnoticed. Great post!