3.16.2010

What makes me happy...........................


If you live anywhere in Williamson County, IL you know of Polar Whip. This fine establishment is known for their cheeseburgers, french fries, and a cherry coke that is "to die for". Being a year and a half into vegetarianism, I hadn't thought about Polar Whip. That was until I became pregnant. This place is all I can think about some days. One day I finally caved. I went in and asked for a cheeseburger with pickle and onion(they are so strong they could kill a donkey) but hold the burger. The person behind the counter thought I was crazy. I couldn't wait to get that greasy sack home that full of my sandwich, fries, and EXTRA large cherry coke.

I have to admit, I was one of those that said, "When I'm pregnant, I am going to eat super healthy, all organic, and no soda!" We'll I have learned that when you are sick (yes, still sick) you eat what you don't think you'll puke up 15 mins later. As far as soda goes I have a Sprite now and then but I give in to those damn Cherry Cokes at Polar Whip every time! Now when I walk in the door (at least once a week) they don't even raise an eyebrow when I order my burgerless burger. Ahhh....the little things that make me happy!

3 comments:

The Parrish Family said...

I will be your Polar Whip buddy any time! :)

labride said...

That is so funny, and totally making me crave a burger and fries!

Kristin said...

That is awesome...I would totally order a burger-less Polar Whip sandwich too!!! :0 And now you've got me craving one...too bad I'm thousands of miles away :( Enjoy one for me