6.24.2007

A day with Evan

On Thursday, Evan was admitted back into the hospital for constant vomiting and diarrhea. Today I went to visit him and Natalie in St. Louis. Of course Evan was an absolute angel. He was such a fun time. There wasn't a moment where he wasn't smiling or singing me a song. Then out of no where he would look at his mommy and say "I love you mommy". I have said it once and I will say it again, this child make my soul smile. He is such a trooper. He is constantly hooked up to a pole with an IV that goes into his chest. He just moves it right along if he needs to go anywhere. There is a small closet in the room where he has started hiding in. The nurses and doctors will come in and say "Where's Evan??". He is there behind the door just gigling. Today the closet was his crane. He worked all afternoon in the crane filling it up with gas (his baby lotion bottle) and oil. We paid him in pennies. He was quite happy. I hated to leave there tonight but I knew I will see him again soon! Please keep him in mind tomorrow around noon. He is having another surgery to hopefully stop all of his bad symptoms. Thanks everyone!

He was looking at the book I brought him.
This doll is a little boy that needs a heart too! The hospital has a program where all transplant children get dolls that also need new hearts. He told me that "Nana's" heart is sick, just like his. Evan named him Nana because the doll's hair is the color of a "nana" (banana). The doll has an incision just like his and a big red heart under the little hosptial gown.

He was showing me the tube Nana has just like his.
Evan and Natalie Spongebob and Sprite his two favorites

Here is the closet he hides in.
This is where he says, "Where am I"?Always smilingFish facesEvan was choosen to be in a picture that is in the new transplant wing of the hospital. He is pictured with the Build A Bear founders. They donated a generous amount to the hospital for the new renovations.
I took this after leaving the hospital. After the horrible storm they had up there the sun was shining. You can see the skyline under the sun beams if you look closely. I thought it was beautiful. God's little reminder that even through the roughest storms there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

0 comments: