11.24.2010

A turkey for my little bird.........

This is where Lauren has spent her morning. Watching me sew and swear.

I am soooo behind on DIY projects. I have so many on my list to do but it seems that they never get started. I've been a little preoccupied! I looked at so many cute Thanksgiving smocked dresses that I loved online. All were a little pricey and I thought that since she would only wear it once, why spend the money. Plus, with a dress comes tights. I'm pretty sure a 2 month old would hate tights. Come to think of it, I hate tights. So I settled on a $6.00 outfit instead. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I'm still completely self teaching with sewing on appliques. It's a little shotty looking but hopefully no one will look too close. She'll wear it with her brown ruffled behind cotton pants and of course a hair bow to match. I had all the fabric on hand so I only spent money on the onesie!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! It's SOOO CUTE!!! Did you see http://lullabylubbock.blogspot.com/ this morning she made shirts similar. I wish I would have hired you to make me one ;) ha! Great work!

Tonya @ Love of Family And Home said...

Adorable! I love it!

The Guthman Family said...

Melissa, That is absolutly adorable!! - Melinda